Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let the journey begin


Greetings all,

This is my first post to my shiny new AT blog, and one of the last things I had to do before I left Richmond. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off these past few days wrapping things up...and I've come to the realization that the saying from Fight Club still holds true: "The things you own end up owning you."

Almost everything I've been doing to get ready to leave for the trail this past week has been related to THINGS that I own/have (canceling my Xbox live/Netflix account, closing out my lease at my old apartment, making sure all bills are paid, etc). I hate to sound like a dumb hippy, but it will be nice to not have to worry about all that stuff for a couple months.

But I'm leaving for the airport in half an hour, and still have some things to do, so I will be cutting this post short...my next one should be much more interesting.

P.S. That is NOT an Indiana Jones fedora. Note the folded brim.

3 comments:

  1. It may not be an Indiana Jones hat, but you WILL look like an adventurer. Did they let you take the gun? By now you're already on the trail, probably realizing "fuck it's gonna be a long walk." So proud Pookie, I really am. Also a little jealous. Gracie and I are gonna have buckets of fun without you, but make sure you hike fast just in case.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post again! also lets get an inventory list of your equipment, ill be interested to see what you view as essential at the start and the end. besides, I'm just curious what gear you have.
    -Cohen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still no new post from Adrian. I guess it is hard to post from inside a bears intestinal track.

    ReplyDelete